BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently employed in the foodservice industry (including operators, suppliers, distributors, manufacturers and/or service providers to the industry with a strategic advantage)
- Previous experience serving on boards (either for-profit or not-for-profit)
- Proven leadership ability including current or prior executive level experience in foodservice organization
- Experience with large and complex organizations
- Knowledge and experience regarding nonprofit and volunteer organizations
- Understand and possess influence within the foodservice industry
- Has and will financially support the mission of the organization
- Annual Contribution at $50,000 or above
- Specific skills, including but not limited to: audit, diversity awareness, legal, finance, fundraising, human resources, information technology, learning and development, marketing, operations, public relations
BOARD OF DIRECTORS ROLES
- Enterprise Governance: The primary role of the WFF Board is organizational governance, setting policies for WFF and overseeing implementation of those policies. This includes monitoring the performance of WFF, directing the President and CEO, maintaining fiscal integrity, setting and monitoring strategic direction, and protecting WFF’s assets and reputation by exemplifying the organization’s values.
- Stakeholder Relationship: The WFF Board impacts the mission of the organization through its relationship with the restaurant and foodservice industry, defined as establishments that prepare and generally serve food, meals, snacks and beverages away from home… and those organizations that supply products and goods to industry.
- Resource Development: Board members contribute to WFF resource development in areas such as active involvement in sourcing sponsorships and donations, product and service sales, and member recruiting and retention.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS SKILLS MATRIX
The Skills Matrix is used by the WFF Governance/Nominating Committee in evaluating candidates. A successful candidate will possess skills and experience in each of the following areas:
- Strategic Thinking
- Personal Communication Skills
- Fiduciary Responsibility
- Loyalty to WFF
- Business Acumen
- Commitment to Financially Support the WFF Mission
The application is an electronic form that does NOT allow you to save your responses to the questions. It is strongly recommended that you open the application and write your responses in a Word document and then copy/paste your completed responses into the electronic application. Once you hit Submit, you will not have the ability to edit your responses.
2022 Board of Directors Application